I came across this fabulous resource to share! The blog, She Lets Her Hair Down, is run by a Parisian stylist named Rubi and, you guessed it, manes are her main attraction! Her blog offers all kinds of new styles, tips and tutorials on some key looks. I love the look of a simple bun, but with my crazy thick hair, I need some serious reinforcement. Voila – check out Rubi’s version of a classic bun! All the steps (below) are clear and easy to understand. Be sure to head over to She Lets Her Hair Down to see what other fun resources you can use!
1. Flip your head over and rake your fingers through your hair to make it all go towards the top of your head, leaving out a bang section.
2. Once all your hair is smoothly going up, tightly gather it in a fist at the top of your head.
3. Secure it with an elastic.
4. Split your pony tail in three sections. If your hair is fine you can lightly backcomb each section to make it bigger.
5. Hold one section up by the ends and then bring it down so it sits on your head. It will naturally fold onto itself.
6. Pin at the folds.
7. Repeat with the other two sections making sure to hide your hair pins and bobby pins.
8. Pin your bangs back so they connect to your bun and everything flows together.
*Photos and instructions courtesy of She Lets Her Hair Down.